Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some of my military yearbook ...



For some of the old sea "Salts," a few photos of three warships that I sailed to Vietnam and served on in that war; and one I served on in the Med (USS Mount Whitney).

Top (left to right): USS Bexar; USS Iwo Jima; USS Valley Forge, USS Mount Whitney.

[click photos for larger view]




Marine Corps Divisions I served: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Two Tours of Duty in Vietnam: 1965-66 with 2nd BN, 1st Marines, and 1968-69 with 1st BN, 7th Marines.


[click photos for larger view]


Above (from left to right): PFC in 1960; Dparting duty with the Naval Advisory Group in Seoul, Korea, 1963; Vietnam during first tour (left in photo); Vietnam during second tour; Retirement Ceremony from DOD-Army civilian service, Syracuse, NY, December 2006; My book, published in 2004. It can be read on-line free, just click here.

No comments: